Learn how to add your photos to the official City of Raton photo pool.
This website has a special feature that includes a random photo from our community photo pool.
On every page (except the homepage), you'll see a photo box that looks like this:
Photos are randomly displayed in the photo box for your enjoyment and appreciation of our fine city.
We invite you to show your community spirit by sharing photos of Raton.
How to add your photos to the pool
The Raton Community Photo Pool is stored on a website called Flickr. You can find it here:
To add your photos:
- Create a Flickr account at http://www.flickr.com/signup. It's free!
- Enter your Yahoo login and password. NOTE: If you don't have a Yahoo account, you can create one by clicking Sign Up.
- Once you're signed in, go to the Raton Community Photo Pool at http://www.flickr.com/groups/raton/pool/
- On the Community Photo Pool page, click Join this Group.
- Great! You've joined the community photo pool for Raton.
- Now, next time you upload a photo to your Flickr page, you can choose to add it to the City of Raton group. Just click Send to Group on the page for a photo you've uploaded to Flickr.
- Photos added to the Community Pool are moderated, so it may take a day or two before your photo appears. Thanks for being patient.
- Once your photo is approved, it will appear in two places: On our group page at Flickr and right here on the Official City Website!
Thanks for sharing your creativity and community pride.
Note: The City of Raton is not responsible for photos hosted at Flickr.com. By visiting Flickr, you are leaving content owned and moderated by the City of Raton.